Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Step in the Right Direction

I have been away for quite sometime. For those of you that follow me on a regular basis know that I have been posting more on my Facebook page this week. This year has been a rough one for me. I remember at the beginning of the year I was going to make this one the best year yet and wanted to stay positive from day one. I had just made the plunge into becoming a vegetarian to gain better overall health and hope to lose weight while I'm at it. I decided to start working out, and being the happiest I could ever be in all my life. Things were going so well...then...I felt like I got stabbed in the heart. I lost my grandfather on St. Patty's Day. He had been going to dialysis because his kidneys were shutting down, so I knew I probably wasn't going to see him after this year if he even made it to the end of the year. It hit me a lot harder than I thought it would, but I have grown to learn over these few months and accept that he was ready. He lived a long life and had a lot of children and grandchildren, and even a few great grandchildren. His loss kind of pushed me forward in the right direction to continue my self improving and be happy and do things that make me happy. I also was going through some tough stuff with my husband, which I'm not really ready to talk about, but we have grown from it and have built a stronger relationship over it. It just goes to show you that we're given these obstacles to over come so we can become stronger people, learn from the mistakes we make and build ourselves better...so to speak. So this is why I've decided to take a back seat on blogging, updating videos on my YouTube channel and just really talking to anybody. I've even cut a lot of drama filled friends out of my life because I've learned my time can be well better spent on something productive...like updating my blog, then to trash talk people. Do I miss those people? Yes, but I feel like I'm becoming a better person and growing and have to do this for me...I know they wouldn't understand, but the drama and bullsh*t just gets old. I'm not in high school anymore and care about more important things and just feel I can't go on with being around people like that. Its nothing against them, I just can't mentally deal with it. Does that make me a bad person?

Anywho! I wanted you all to know that I am still here! I think about this blog all the time, and I have always felt some sort of release with writing...so on that note, I'm making a pledge to keep going. I will be making a slow transition back into this. I want to keep positive just as I had told myself I would at the beginning of the year. I want to inspire someone...whether it be through words, the art of makeup, or just a pretty picture I find interesting. Tell me what you want to see!!! I have a bunch of ideas running through my head, but I also want to deliver to the people the matter most...my followers!!! Comment on this post, send me a message on Facebook or YouTube...I want to hear from you!!!

Thank you all for being patient with me, the ones who I've heard from. You pushing me to keep going has done more than you'll ever know. Stay tuned because it's FALL and great things are in the works for you!!!

Much love,
Sam <3

No comments:

Post a Comment