Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Green Review: Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara

Hello!

If you have kept up with my YouTube Channel, you may have seen my intro to this review last week. I recently purchased the Physicians Formula Organic Wear JUMBO Lash Mascara.  My cousin told me about this and I just had to try it! I purchased it at my local Wal-Mart for $6.97. I have also seen the mascara in other drug stores such as CVS, Walgreens and Rite-Aid. They were more expensive in these stores, but are available there none the less.

When I first purchased the mascara I was instantly drawn to the packaging. I thought it was very pretty, yet informative. I mean, who doesn't like shiny things? And green shiny things!? Not only was the packaging nice, it also gave TONS of great information. 



This is the first organic mascara I have ever seen. I'm sure there are some high priced mascaras out there, but its nice to see a company that makes it affordable for the every day person who may buy almost, if not all of their makeup at the drug store. The mascara is 100% natural (duh! lol) and 100% free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, GMO's, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances and 100% cruelty free!! (Doing happy dance for not hurting animals!).  The packaging does tell the truth! In the week that I have tried this mascara I have not had ANY clumping, smudging, or flaking. It also has this awesome 100% recyclable "Eco-Brush" made of recyclable plastics.




The only down side to the mascara is that it is not water proof. However, I haven't had any problems with it running. You'd have to produce tears or be splashed in the face with water or something similar for it to run. The good thing about it not being water proof and the fact that it is organic is when you are ready to take your makeup off for the night all you need is to take some water and it washes right off! No scrubbing and having to worry about damaging your eyes or pulling out eyelashes! 


I took this picture above today to show you how it looks when it is on. It glides on smooth and surprisingly the rubber brush didn't bother me as some previous mascaras with a similar brush has. The color I got was "Ultra Black Organics". It is a "black black" color and looks great on my eyelashes! It makes my eyelashes look fuller and longer without having to worry about clumping.  On a rating scale of 1-10 I'd give this mascara a 9.5. I've previously used other mascaras that I thought I liked a lot but it doesn't do the things the Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara does. This is my new favorite mascara and will continue to use this mascara for hopefully a long time. This is one beauty product I do not want to be a discontinued item!

Until next time,

So long dearies!!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. That packaging is so pretty.I like the shape too.Great review.Always a plus when the product does what the package says.I have had so many mascaras that say they do this and that and they fail.Especially the clumping and flaking.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was uber excited that this one delivered what it said it would. :)

    ReplyDelete