Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Review: Dark Heart Designs Hand-Made Eye Shadows

In life, we always root for the underdog. And when I say we, I mean, me. I can't really speak for everyone but you know. I always want to see small businesses succeed, especially in this time of economic hardships. Gigantic corporations are slowly causing small businesses to close because they just can't compete with these corporations. Its depressing, but it makes me uber happy when I find a small little company that makes such great products and offer a GREAT price for their products.

I first heard of Dark Heart Designs when the owner, Tina Z. liked my Facebook page for this blog. It made my day just to see someone who wasn't a friend or family member liking my page that I just had to check out her page. When you're just starting out with a blog, YouTube Channel, or Facebook page for your business or hobby it can be a little discouraging when you don't see many people other than your friends liking your page or subscribing. I've had my YouTube Channel for a little while but never did a bunch of videos to get my name out there until recently. I'm no Kandee Johnson, nor will I probably ever be, but I have fun with what I do, and even if I only have 3 people watch one of my videos it makes happy, because this is what I like to do. Anyway! Wow what a way to get off subject eh? 

So I checked out Dark Heart Designs page and was so in awe of what amazing products I had just found with this company. I spent a good 30 to 45 minutes just looking at every single color. I wanted them all but settled on just trying one eye shadow product until I knew how well the quality of the product was. The color I settled on (like I said I wanted them all) was Clean Slate. Described as a
"dark silvery blue tinted shadow", this color would look great on all skin tones. The shimmer in the shadow is similar to a diamond glitter. I absolutely love it. The texture is so smooth and soft and its 100% cruelty free and vegan! I spent a total of $8.50 with the shipping and it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. When my package came in the mail I was as giddy as a school girl. It was really nice to see that someone even took the time out to customize the padded envelope with stamps and a cool wax seal. When I saw that I just knew the product was going to be amazing before I had even opened the package. Inside was a small drawstring bag that held the eye shadow and other goodies.

I couldn't wait to see what was inside!

Inside the bag was my eye shadow, but also some other goodies! I got 4 free samples of some other eye shadows!! I was given Ultra Violet, a bright blue shimmery shadow. Cotton Candy, a baby shimmery pink shadow. Pumpkin King, a beautiful pigmented orange-y gold shadow. Last but not least, Howl, a canary yellow shimmery shadow. I was in love!!! The samples that were given were quite a good bit of product, which was very nice in comparison to other samples I have gotten from other companies. I also received a 20% coupon on my next purchase. 

Check out how bright those colors are!

I was ecstatic with everything that was included in my purchase. I definitely was not expecting it and was a very nice surprise. I love all of the colors and will definitely buy from Tina again!! Below you will see my swatchfest for you to see how these look on the skin.


Dry swatch. L-R: Clean Slate, Ultra Violet, Cotton Candy, Pumpkin King, Howl


Primer Swatch L-R: Clean Slate, Ultra Violet, Cotton Candy, Pumpkin King, Howl

Please take the time to check out Dark Heart Designs. There are all kinds of cosmetic products to see. Not only do they have eye shadows, they also have lipsticks, eye liners, and other supplies you may need. You can also purchase samples for as low as .99!! Trust me, you won't be sorry when you go to this site!

Until next time,

So long dearies!!


XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the review. It's always nice to hear that someone likes my things, but I like hearing where I can improve too. If you ever have any suggestions, please let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh definitely!! I have no complaints from the shadows :)....I think I'm going to try some of the lip slicks next order :)

    ReplyDelete